TSC is an outsource service provider offering supply chain and technology solutions to the worldwide market for apparel and home furnishing textiles, including corporate and careerwear - a consultancy and a product supplier in one. The business, established 4 years ago, has developed a varied client and customer base.
The services are designed for retailers and manufacturers, with individual tailored packages. This could be from a simple question regarding fabric performance to the creation, implementation and management of a total supply chain. TSC is a business that has a reputation as being flexible, and offers quick wins.
With the support of its international partners and overseas offices, network of supply routes and products, TSC clients are able to:
- Reduce costs.
- Outsource to them a wide range of specialist services, particularly technical and sourcing requirements.
- Focus on their own core skills of development and marketing.
- Develop new products and innovate on a project-managed basis.
- Procure direct from quality assured low cost routes to improve margins.
Julian Smith, a partner in the business said: "With over 30 years experience between the three directors, we have been able to offer a new solution to companies, increasing their order books, giving them supply chains for new products and increased profitability.
"We work with SMEs and large organisations who don't wish to add numbers of people to their business. By working with us they can keep costs down and use us when they need us for consultancy support.
"From a product supply aspect we have created new supply chains and managed them for clients across a number of products, from umbrellas to bathmats. From developing brands through to major retailers, we have worked with many different companies.
"It's been a challenging time, as our work varies from pure consultancy to product supply, across a number of different categories. We have worked with manufacturers, agents and retailers".
With key experience in strategic global sourcing, textile technology and manufacture of fabrics, garments, and home furnishings, TSC has built up an extensive knowledge, which it focuses into the services it provides its clients.
The key services TSC provides are categorised as follows:
- The review and development of sourcing opportunities and Introduction to new supply chains:
- ntroduction to new routes, new products or better quality.
- cross costing of existing supply chains for the client.
- project work on behalf of the client to set up new supply chains to meet requirements.
- Quality procedure implementation and assurance:
- factory approvals and audits internationally.
- implementation of systems and procedures.
- assurance that new supply chains meet international ethical requirements.
- Delivering a design concept into a product:
- product development and sampling support for the design process.
- fabric sourcing.
- risk assessment.
- pre productions.
- identifying fabric trends and most effective supply chains to deliver these products.
- Product procurement through TSC regional offices:
- across a number of product categories including ladies, men's and children's woven and knitted garments, sleepwear and casual products.
- school wear.
- home textiles
All of these products are supported with the technology services TSC provides.
- Outsourced textile technology services:
Clients can reduce costs and demands on infrastructure and also create a more direct approach to international buying, by outsourcing responsibility to TSC.
TSC can provide:
- fabric mill assessments.
- 'fit for purpose' assessments for product through the process of risk assessment.
- quality inspection and assurance of product from sources.
- analysing the best suppliers to work with.
- fabric technology support.
- garment technology support.
- system and process review and benchmarking.
- assessment of client quality information.
- new innovations and product development.
TSC has also developed a 'Technology Surgery' for a number of clients, through which visits are made on a regular basis to problem solve and advise on the spot solutions. Clients' personnel spend time for an hour, or on a designated day, with TSC personnel.
The company has an East Midlands office and can be contacted through Julian Smith at TechStyle Connections Ltd. Tel: 01773 775035. E mail: email@example.com.